Return to homepage
- Q: How does eBay Selling Assistant work?
- A: All you have to do is call eBay to make an appointment for a pick-up of the items you would like to have sold. An eBay Selling Assistant van will come to your residence, pick up your items, give you a receipt and take them to our processing partner. Our processing partner will list, sell, and ship sold items to the buyer. You will receive 75% percent of the proceeds of the sale. What doesn’t sell, you can choose to donate or arrange for the return of your items.
- Q: Do I have to pay for the pick-up of my items?
- A: For a limited time, there is no fee charged for the pickup of your items.
- Q: Are my items sold via auction or Buy it Now?
- A: They are sold through auction.
- Q: What happens to my items that do not sell?
- A: Whatever doesn’t sell, you can choose to donate or arrange for the return of the items.
- Q: Do I determine the sale price, minimum or suggested?
- A: Every item is unique and eBay is the world’s largest online marketplace. Our processing partners are experts at selling on eBay and will get you the best price possible. If you are still interested in a minimum price, you can set a reserve price (minimum) on your items.
- Q: What type of items will you take?
- A: Look around your house, the items eligible for eBay Selling Assistant are everywhere: electronics, collectibles, gently used brand name handbags, clothing and shoes -- the list is extensive.
- Q: What types of items are excluded?
- A: The following types of items are excluded:
For a list of eBay’s prohibited items, go to:
- Adult Only material
- Animals and wildlife products
- Child car seat
- Drugs and drug paraphernalia
- Firearms, weapons, and knives
- Hazardous materials (paint, cleaning solvent, detergent…)
- Offensive materials
- Replica, counterfeit items and unauthorized copies
- Vehicles (autos, boats...)
- Large and bulky items:
- Furniture (couches, chairs, tables, cabinets…)
- Large electronics (TVs, microwaves, refrigerators…)
- Large garden equipment (lawn mowers, edgers, wheel barrels…)
- Anything over 25 lbs.
- Q: How long will you try and sell my items?
- A: We will list your items for 14 days.
- Q: Do the items have to be in working order?
- A: Yes, we recommend that all your items be in excellent condition.
- Q: Can I track the sale of my items?
- A: Yes, after your items are posted for sale, you will be given links to the listings for your items.
- Q: Is a selling fee or percentage of the sale proceeds deducted?
- A: Yes, there will be a 25% fee deducted from the total sales value of your items.
- Q: Are shipping costs deducted from sale proceeds?
- A: No, shipping costs will not be deducted from the sale amount.
- Q: Do the sale items have to have a minimum sale price/value?
- A: No, all items will be sold “$0.99, no reserve” 7-day auctions. Your items will be listed by experts to ensure that you get the best possible price.
- Q: Is there a limit on how many items you will pick up?
- A: No, however we may need to save room in the truck for additional pickup appointments. As a reminder, we cannot accept large, oversized items (>25 lbs), such as furniture, microwaves, televisions (to name a few)
- Q: How long will the Selling Assistant program be available?
- A: We expect the program to go through January 2013, however terms and conditions may change.
- Q: What happens if my items are damaged or lost?
- A: You will be reimbursed at your set reserve price. If you have not set a reserve price, you will be reimbursed based on completed sales on eBay.com for comparable items for the previous 90 days, up to a maximum of $500 per customer.
- Q: Do I have to be there for the pick-up?
- A: Yes, you must be there for the entire pick up process, evaluating your items, and signing-off on the receipt.
- Q: Do I have to be there for to receive my unsold items at my home?
- A: Yes, you must be available to receive ALL returns. We will schedule two potential drop-off appointments, after which we will donate the item in your name.
- Q: What areas are eligible for local pick up?
- A: If your residence is in one of the following zip codes, an eBay Selling Assistant van will come to pick up your items: